OMG! My thoughts exactly, as I came across this article detailing the robbery of two girls scouts selling cookies in front of a Texas Walmart. I don't know what's more disturbing, the two men stealing money from hard working young girls, or the fact that one of them proceeding to drive and drag a girl with him attempting a get away. Some people have nothing better to do with their time; stealing from a noble organization like the girl scout is ridiculous. Another one of those things that make you wonder what is this world coming too?
According to www.gather.com,
On Sunday, March 4, 2012, two girls in Sugar Land, TX, fought hard to
save their Girl Scout cookie money from two bandits. One girl punched
the passenger and the other was drug by the vehicle as she tried to hang
on. Girls getting robbed selling cookies, what is the world coming to?
girls were set up outside a Wal-Mart store selling cookies, as is
typical in cookie season for the girl group. A car pulled up with two
men inside, one man asked question about the cookies and distracted the
girls while the other stole their cash box. Great plan guys, distract
two girls and take the money they've worked hard for. Standing in a
Wal-Mart parking lot all day selling cookies only to have your money
stolen is horrible.
That's when the two girls jumped into action.
Fox 4 News reported, "Rachel Johnson and Iravia Cotton, both Senior
Cadet scouts, reacted without thinking of their own safety." Cotton
punched the passenger while Johnson tried to hold on to the car as they
got away. Johnson ended up with minor injuries from being dragged, which
is a blessing as it could have been much worse.
According to Fox 4 News, the dark-colored Toyota the men were driving had paper over the license plate and the video of the incident didn't give a clear picture of the men.
the future, the girls have a plan of action, "The girls say they'll be
more careful in the future about interacting with people, and maybe have
a troop leader pick up money more often. Still, they can't believe
someone would take advantage of a charity." The news report stated that
one of the girls was 15 years old, but didn't give an age on the second
girl. One would think that an adult troop leader would need to be
present for safety reasons.
Hopefully, a good samaritan will help
replace the $200 the girls lost. To the robbers, how pathetic that you
resort to taking money from others, especially girls selling cookies.
This story should be a warning for other Girl Scout troops; keep hold of your cash box and have adult troop leaders on site."
- ► 2013 (198)
- Rapper T.I. and His Wife Tiny Throws Daughter Zonn...
- Nicki Minaj Performs "Starships" On American Idol
- Toni Braxton Has A Video For Her New Single " I He...
- Beyonce Rocks Victoria Beckam's Designs
- New Orleans Cop Is Suspended For Derogatory Commen...
- Racist Comment Left On My Squidoo Lens "Justice Fo...
- President Obama Speaks On The Death Of Trayvon Mar...
- Autopsy Reports Reveal: What Killed Whitney Housto...
- Justice For Trayvon Martin
- Nicki Minaj Graces The Cover Of Complex Magazine
- Nia Long Refutes Marriage Rumors
- Willow Smith Goes Green
- Are Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Dating?
- Kim Kardashian's Topless Tweets
- Congratulations Nicki Minaj: Nicki Sets A New Fema...
- Bobbi Kristina Makes Out With Her Adopted Brother
- Whitney Houston's Mom Confront's Patricia Houston
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson and Evelyn Lozada Lands A...
- Rihanna Goes To Dinner Nearly Topless
- Lil Kim Tweets: BET's 106th and Park's Host Rocsi ...
- Coolio's Son Arrested - Here Is The Mug Shot
- Rihanna Takes It To Twitter Topless
- Oprah's Interview With Houston Family Details | Gl...
- Rihanna Is Armani's New Jean Girl
- Nicki Minaj Tweets The Official Cover For Her New ...
- Whitney Houston Wills It All To Bobbi Kristina
- YSL Is Giving Away Free Samples Of It's Latest Fra...
- Texas Girl Scouts Robbed and Dragged Over Cookie M...
- Lamar Odom Has Been Dropped From the NBA
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2011 (71)